Highly self-motivated generalist.
Senior full-stack engineer and architect/team lead with 10+ years of software development experiences.
Lead Software Engineer, Risk System 04/19/2021 - now
- As the initial member, built a risk system team from scratch. The team grew from 1 to 12 as of Aug 2022.
- Built, migrated, and maintained risk systems used by TikTok.
- Built visualization and data analysis tools for risk analysis and machine learning.
(F5) Architect I 01/20/2020 - 03/01/2021
- Architected next generation microservice based traffic engine.
- Integrated Shape's technology with F5's infrastructure.
- Architected a cross-geolocation, low latency rate limiter service.
Distinguished Software Engineer
10/2019 - 01/2020
- Architect next generation microservice based traffic engine.
Principal Software Engineer
08/2018 - 10/2019
- Lead the machine learning team.
- Lead a team to work on Policy Composer.
- Lead a team to work on BeiWatch.
- Invented new countermeasures (patents pending).
- Worked on the execution engine of DEX. Created a bytecode compiler for DEX.
Senior Software Engineer
01/2014 - 08/2018
- Architected the main protection / traffic processing engine called Pegasus.
- Invented a DSL for configuration called DEX.
- Invented a mixin-based programming language / tooling called Policy Composer.
- Created a traffic volume based alert system call BeiWatch.
- Worked on web related compilers and analysers.
- Created a token stream based content modification tool SALT.
- Improved the engineering process in general.
- Analyze attack data
Mountain View, CA
Software Engineer II
Chrome Team 12/17/2012 - 01/17/2014
- Member of the core
Chrome Packaged Apps team.
- Introduced the multicast socket API.
- Significantly stabilized the USB API. Refactored the USB API backend of Chromium to fix
several legacy design issues.
- Created several Chrome Packaged Apps examples
Redwood City, CA
Sencha Touch Team Apr. 2011 - Dec. 2012
Researched on algorithms for industrial-level high performance charting system runnable on
- Based on the research, designed the next
generation graphic engine of Sencha Touch.
Microsoft Protocol Engineering Team
07/2010 - 10/2010
- Worked on OPN Language.
Standard library for a new language called OPN as well as its test cases.
A simple OPN Editor, with Code completion abilities.
04/2009 - 09/2009
- Worked on SpecExplorer. SpecExplorer was a Model-based Testing plugin for Visual Studio.
Created a State Comparison user interface, including a text diff algorithm.
- Problem solver and generalist.
Also working fluency in Golang, TypeScript, Python and Haskell.
Comfortable with algorithms and mathematics.
Competitive programming hobbyist.
- Familiar with compiler theories and cryptography.
- US20190268359 - Systems for detecting a headless browser executing on a client computer
- US20200193332 - Decision tree training using a database system
- US20200184311 - Execution of trained neural networks using a database system
- US10855696 - Variable runtime transpilation
- US20190373018 - Polymorphic obfuscation of executable code
- US20190373012 - Detecting and deploying countermeasures against an autonomous browser
Master of Science, Software Engineering
Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China,
09/2008 - 07/2011
- Natural Language Processing
- Algorithmic Number Theory
- Machine Learning
- Stochastic Processes
- Modern Algebra
- Pattern Recognition
- Computer Communication Network Security
at Singapore Management University, 03/2010 - 06/2010
Bachelor of Architecture, Architectural Design
at Tianjin University, 09/2003 - 07/2008
Some online courses including:
- Robotics (ColumbiaX: CSMM.103x) from EDx
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning from Coursera